Virtual License Management
As more organizations turn to virtualization, understanding and managing the licensing of applications and operating systems in virtualized environments is becoming more critical.
License Dashboard creates a single pane of glass for managing both physical and virtual software licenses, enabling organizations to easily consolidate their enterprise-wide software license management requirements into one solution.
By automatically collating audit and configuration data from both the hypervisor and the inventory solution(s), License Dashboard enables organizations to see at a glance their license obligations, which can be quickly reconciled against available entitlements or used to budget future expenditure.
License Dashboard enables organizations to overcome the challenges to managing licenses in virtualized environments by:
- Importing configuration data directly from the Hypervisor
- Automatically matching guest machines discovered by inventory solution with hosts identified by the hypervisor
- Grouping physical machines into datacenter clusters
- Identifying how software installed on virtual machines relates to physical hosts
- Illustrating license requirements based on device configuration
- Graphically mapping devices and software by guest device / host device / cluster
Watch our short video to see how License Manager can help.
Organizations that have benefitted from License Dashboard technologies: