Agile QA Analyst
The Agile QA Analyst is a key role in the team assuring and enhancing the quality of our ITAM optimisation products and solutions through a combination of automated and manual testing procedures.
Embedded within a cross-functional agile software product development team the QA Analyst working with the QA Lead will take ownership of all aspects of quality assurance from requirement to operation including automated and manual test plans, tools and techniques.
The role will involve working with product owners and the development team to ensure quality is an integral part of all software development activities from defining requirement and acceptance criteria, developing and executing automated and manual test plans, highlighting risk and release signoff.
Our product portfolio includes both Microsoft Windows and web-based applications so knowledge of quality assurance in both environments is desirable.
- Be the gatekeeper of quality for the software products used by our consultants and customers.
- Be the primary point of contact for the quality and quality assurance of our software products.
- Maintain and develop quality assurance measures and testing standards for our software products throughout their development and operational lifecycles.
- Keep up to date with quality assurance best practice, tools and techniques in an agile software development environment.
- Work closely with product owners and development team to define and refine requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Preparation and execution of automated, manual and performance test scripts to ensure business requirements are met and the products meet their usability and quality goals.
- Communicate test progress, risk and other relevant information to development team, product owners and other stakeholders.
- Assist with triaging customer issues to identify the defect and the steps to reproduce it.
- Experience of creating, executing and maintaining automated and manual test plans and test scripts
- Full SDLC exposure / full testing life cycle exposure
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience of BDD, Specflow, Cucumber or similar automated test frameworks
- Microsoft Windows and Web / microservice solution experience
- Hands-on approach
- Attention to detail
- Resolving problems in a timely manner
- Analytical and effective
- Automated testing of WPF Windows applications
- Writing step definitions for Specflow in C#
- Microsoft DevOps or similar e.g. Jira
- Security and Pen testing
- RESTful APIs
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Git source control
- Microsoft SQL Server and TSQL
The following qualifications would be desirable but not essential:
- ISEB/ISTQB Certified
Years of Experience
A minimum of three years’ experience in a similar QA role
- Self-starter who can manage their workload and communicate effectively with the development team, product owners, end users and other stakeholders.
- The ability to work under pressure, without supervision and use initiative to ensure that outcomes are successfully delivered.