Software License Optimization
Being vendor audit ready is just half the battle. Many organizations over-spend on software by purchasing unnecessary software licenses.
License Dashboard approaches software license optimization in three stages:
2. It then reconciles this information against software inventory data to establish your organization’s current Effective Licensing Position (ELP)
3. You can make more focused decisions about future requirements using detailed management reports, driving out wastage and increasing availability
Saving money through software license optimization
Are you in a fit state to be audited?
Analyst firms including Gartner and Forrester now estimate that oragnizations have a 68% chance of being audited by at least one software vendor ina 12 month period. read more
Are you bogged down by transactional tasks?
Gathering, consolidating and normalizing software install and usage data, as well as license entitlement, is an arduous, manual task, taking weeks or even months to complete. read more
The capture and import of software license data
Optimizing software licenses begins with collecting all of your organization’s entitlements, from all software vendors, into a single location. This is often one of the most laborious and error-prone stages of software license management. With License Manager, software optimization & consolidation becomes easy:
- Automatic MLS (Microsoft Licensing Statement) import
- Options for bulk imports of other vendors’ statements
- On-screen wizard for single license entry
- Automatic calculation of upgrades and downgrades
- Automatic association of base and upgrade licenses
When MLS or other reliable proof of license entitlement is unavailable, License Dashboard’s License Cleanse service can be the difference between your software license optimization project stalling or racing ahead. Take documents not usually considered suitable for license evidence, and turn them into credible proofs of entitlement.